Improve your sleep quality and quantity, feel better and lose fat. Quality and quantity of sleep is the most underrated healing process, and is as pivotal to improving fitness as diet and exercise. This program includes personalized advice on nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Insomnia is a general term describing the inability to sleep well. One person may have a type of insomnia where they have difficulty falling asleep, whereas another may fall asleep easily but frequently wake up in the middle of the night. Then there are those who have difficulty falling asleep and also staying asleep. There is also insomnia that can be characterized by having unrestful sleep, or even simply waking up earlier than your normal routine.
When people think about improving their health, they always consider diet and exercise. Quality and quantity of sleep is the most underrated healing process, and is as pivotal to improving fitness as diet and exercise.
- You can not get serious results if you sleep poorly
- Poor sleep is linked to increased inflammation in the body
- Sleep deprivation lowers testosterone, DHEA and growth hormone, all of which are important hormones involved in repairing tissue
- Lack of sleep increases both insulin and cortisol, leading to increased mid-section fat deposits, and insulin resistance
- Poor sleep increases breast cancer risk
- Poor sleepers receive fewer promotions, earn less, miss more days of work, and have decreased productivity